Reports and Questions:
- The Substack experiment continues to be a successful one. If you’re signed up for email updates from this site, were enjoying them, and would like to sign up for a similar thing that generally leads to about one email per day, please let me know (and include your preferred email address), as the Substack’s private, and I need to invite you for you to sign up.
- If you’re wondering why I’m not just posting all of this stuff to this website, it’s because I want some privacy, both for myself and my commenters. Everyone can use some privacy sometimes, right?
- I’m looking into possibly taking this site private (as in “you wouldn’t be able to see anything on it without logging in”), and if I do that, I may merge the Substack list with our user list, but not before talking to both my readers here, and subscribers on Substack first. If I take things private, you should still get posts emailed to you, but you’ll need to login here to see them on the website. This is all in the very early stages, and again, within reason, I’m allowing input from the people who give a shit about any of this, so don’t worry, it won’t be abrupt.
- A question for this group: I’ve figured out how to do it now, but would you prefer to get these posts in their entirety in your email, or do you like just getting notification that they’ve happened, that you then have to click through to get here? To me, it seems like the full post in the email thing’s easier on everyone, but your mileage may vary, and again, I wanted to ask those of you who’d be affected by this before I just did something, in stark contrast to the behavior of most of the rest of the Internet.
- Listen to the new Bob Mould album. Seriously.